Well hello there! (Or should I say Aloha!) Here's a quick Nom Bomb to tie you over till I can organize my latest Minnesota adventures! Ready?
Lomi Lomi is a favorite of mine because I'm a sucker for salmon and tomatoes. Introduced to the islands by western sailors, this hawaiian yum is similar to a salsa and usually consist of: salmon, tomatoes, sweet onions and some sea salt. Its' been hot here in Minnesota, too hot to cook. Luckily I (somehow) had a version of all of these ingredients in my fridge! So here we go!
Ingredients: cherry tomatoes, salmon, yellow onions and salt!
First! Cut tomatoes into quarters. You can use any tomatoes really, but these were just the ones I had!
Then! Chop up some onions and toss it in!
And then! Toss in some left over salmon. This salmon is from Trader Joes. I made it the night before, it was pre-marinated and baked at 375 for 15 minutes (It was yum then too, more on that later!)
Then you... Toss it all together!
Finally. Add some salt to taste and throw that yum yum into the fridge to chill out!
Well there you go! Usually the crew and I like to eat it with some tortilla chips. I had maybe two bites with chips but then I just ended up eating it solo. For some reason, Lomi Lomi feels like comfort food to me, don't know why, it just does! Mahalo!!
Stay tuned! Stay hungry!
-Taryn Julia





No comments:
Post a Comment