Thursday, August 7, 2014

MinneSo' Fun State of A'Fair's!

How was that last nom bomb for you?! Back to the Minnesota stuff.
For the past two weeks I've spent my weekends at county fairs. There are 87 counties in the state of Minnesota. I would like to say that each county has a fair, but thats probably not true. I also like to say that all of these county fairs are practice for the the Great Minnesota Get Together!
Anywhose... on the first weekend we went to the Anoka county fair. Anoka county is the fourth most populated county in Minnesota. Anoka comes from the Dakota word anokatanhan which means "on both sides," a toss to its location on the Rum River. Bleck, less info, more pictures, ammorite!?

Fireman Challenge.

Little Lamby!

PUPPIES!

Apparently you can show Alapacas....

One of my favorite past times...looking at fantastic 4-H projects

Really prime stuff here..

Really, some really excellent showmanship

Despite how many times I've seen Grease, you could never get me into one of these things

I 100% do not trust fair rides. #statement

Especially when the weather looks like this...no thanks

This was almost cute enough to ride, then I stopped myself

Rachel spending a good 45 minutes at winning tokens...Brian being badger'y as usual

See? Look how cute those colors are! So tempting



This...is a funnel cake...

These guys....

From the parking lot..."Fun"...oh sure...

Also, DEMOLITION DERBY! Now I've only been to one Demo Derby prior to this but *spoiler alert* I LOVE DEMO DERBY'S! 


The second weekend we hung out at the Washington County fair. Heres a fun fact: Washington County was named after George Washington! (Thats all I got for you!)

This is a real thing..,

No really, it's a real thing...

I would give this entry Grand Supreme, Overall Champion!

Almost cute enough to make me forget that I hate birds

Hey! Wallaby my friend!?

This guy had a little mohawk going on...still not cool enough to get me to like birds


I WON A ROUND OF BINGO! I won a whole 2 dollars. After a 1 dollar buy in for 7 cards, I would say that that is a major win! And on the left there are corn dogs with mini bratwurst instead of hot dogs. Also a major win!

And then it started pouring. The only downside of Minnesota is the weather (though I've heard that it is also one of their crowning achievements as well...weird place I tell ya) During the downpour I hid under a tent and ate a little pie. It was awesome! I think it is safe to say that I am going to take a little break from fairs until the Great Minnesota Get Together.
Up next...A Revisit to the Mill City Museum (finally!)

Stay tuned! Stay hungry!
-Taryn Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment