After I worked in the Moobooth it was lunch time. So where did I start? Gizmos! (Per Andrew Zimmerns' suggestion, suggestions I followed the whole day, you'll see).
Situated right under one of the sky trams, Gizmos' serves up ground beef and Italian sausage smothered in top secret sauce and cheese (you had me at cheese), hugged by a soft and toasty Italian roll. I was hungry and this hit the spot. To me, it was like a pizza sandwich. I would probably give it 3.75 out of 5 Fairborns on the yummy scale.
After my Gizmos, I took a ride on the sky tram, because why not? and ended up near the entrance (I think, remember I kept getting lost). There is the cutest little stand there, the Blue Moon Dine-In Theater. Just to paint you a little picture, theres a butt of a car sticking out of the shop and rows of bench seats from cars all facing an old black and white movie playing on the wall. Cute, right? Anyways, I had the sweet corn ice cream topped with a bacon maple syrup (butter too I think) topper. The topping surprisingly had cereal in it, that was magically not soggy from the syrup.
Look how cute it is! They had some other interesting stuff at this stand, but my eyes were just locked on the ice cream. On a yummy treat scale, this would definitely get 4 out of 5 Fairborns!
Everyone kept telling me to get cider pops in the Agriculture building. After wandering through the building twice, getting stuck in a line looking at dahlias, I finally found the pops! At $1.25, it was worth it. Spoiler alert, I had two pops while I was there. The first was planned, the second was not. I just ended up in the Ag building again because I kept getting lost! Just cause it was so hot, and they were so inexpensive, I would give these little treats a 5 out of 5 Fairborns on the yummy scale!!
Okay, I got lost one last time. Just kidding, I only got slightly side tracked by the new addition to the fair. New to the fair this year was the Barn Barn which had what I would like to call, glitzy fair food. Meatloaf on a stick, gravy and all. Fried chicken with mashed potatoes IN a waffle cone, drizzled with gravy!
I wasn't hungry enough to get a full meal, so I got something a little smaller. I decided on their corn fritters with blue cheese (again, you had me at cheese) with a side of chimichurri sauce and a basil, blueberry lemonade. I would give the lemonade a 4 out of 5 Fairborns, just for being so refreshing. The fritters on the other hand...I would give maybe a 3.25 out of 5 Fairborns. They were tasty and all but when your description says that your fritters have blue cheese, they better have some blue cheese in it! There just wasn't enough for me.
So there you have it. Sorry this was so delayed, I've been traveling across the western half of the country, slowly toting my things back to California with the parentals. I'm going to be doing a whole bunch of photo dumps here soon. Have no fear! Getting a little sad, cause I'll technically no longer be #minnesotaryn! Oh well...
Stay tuned! Stay hungry!
-Taryn Julia



No comments:
Post a Comment