My first stop: Lunch.
The Copper Hen on Nicollete Ave in Minneapolis was delightful, for a lack of better words. Sitting at a big cherry wood table (to myself 'cause I'm a brat) I was surrounded by exposed wooden beams, high vaulted ceilings, chalkboard menus and adorable thistles in little white milk jars. Adorable! I had the Sherwood Forest; smoked Wild Acres turkey, brie, tart apple slices, caramelized onions and aioli, on wheat bread with a side of smashed potato fries. The sandwich was delicious but the smashed fries?! I don't even know how to describe how yummy they were! Everything was chased with homemade lemonade...served in a little mason jar because why not!?
Just around the corner was the MIA. Situation on a full blocks worth of area, I was greeted by huge Corinthian pillars that lead to a marble entry way...and a naked statue. The first floor housed art from Asia, Pacific Islands, Africa, Ancient Art, Early Americas and Modern/Contemporary art (which I always enjoy). By the time I got to the second floor I was so tired but I had to keep going!
Asian Thing....
Another asian thing...
More asian things...
Large ethnic minority in asian things.. (Hmong outwear actually, which was really interesting to see. Each village has a particular cloth, print or type of attire specific to just them. Their individuality also ranges to their hair style, jewelry and baby carriers)
Japanese asian things...
Tiny figure of asian things.. (Theres actually a ram on his hat! My zodiac animal!)
Asian things to rest your head on (aka a pillow...no fluffy down feathers here!)
The second floor featured more Modern and Contemporary art, Europe from 1200-1600 and Europe and Americas from 1600-1900. There was a lovely exhibit featuring photography as well. I'm pretty sure I went to every room...pretty sure. I
Woo so modern!
These are tiny little figurines from Japan. It said that they're used as charms that help keep sashes and belts on. These things were TINY!
These things were so detailed, you could see the Monkey picking something out of the guys ear!
Shameless kimono selfie #SKS!
"Natural"
They had this section praising Swedish architecture and design. I'm pretty sure they just bought things from Ikea in Bloomington.
"Swedish Modern Design"
More "Swedish Modern Design"
Some cute "Swedish Modern Design"
Though this looks small, it was probably twice my height!
Guess who this is!
I really enjoy the composition of the smooshy lines..
I actually really liked this one
G. Dub looking all regal and stuff
This was in a "period-style room." Real authentic artifacts, I'm sure.
Livin it up in the "Versailles" room...Shameless Versailles Selfie! #SVS
Oh, I really liked the depth and dimension of this lady sitting somewhere...
I just thought this was the funniest painting ever and really hoped the artist didn't use a live model, cause that pose is fierce!
(Heres some actual knowledge) Back in the day Cream of Wheat enlisted really good artists to paint their ads, to make them more relatable to their customers. (I might have made that up)
Oh. You fancy huh
This is a terrible picture, but this is the old, OLD Otis elevator that I accidentally took to the basement level. And then an old museum worker lady was like "uh, what are you doing down here" to which I responded with a quick "oh! I must have not hit the button fast enough" Awk...Ward!
Do you even lift bro?
Sorry this isn't all about food! One day we'll get back to the food things...but till then!
Stay tuned! Stay hungry!
-Taryn Julia





























No comments:
Post a Comment