Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Miso Hungry!

Today in the kitchen...Miso Marinade Chicken!
Welcome to my new current obsession....Miso! You may be familiar with this salty, grainy, oh so yummy paste in a Japanese staple....Miso Soup! I found this Miso paste in the refrigerated section at the grocery store by the tofu.
So heres the thing, this recipe is a little guess-timate of everything in there. So here's what you'll need...maybe...I think....

  • 1/4th cup Soy Sauce
  • 1/3rd cup Miso Paste
  • 1/2 tablespoon Peanut Oil or Peanut Butter
  • 1/4th cup Rice Vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
  • 2 teaspoons Powdered or Ground Ginger (or whole if you prefer!)
  • 1/4th cup Coconut Milk
  • 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
  • 4 sprigs of Thai Basil
  • Any type of meat you want..chicken, piggie, cow, soybean....
Thai Basil you say!? What's that!? Well it looks a little like this...
Thai Basil (Ocimum Basilicum "Horapha"
 
has a purpleish steam and dark green leaves
and
is often paired with thai noodles or soups. nom!
Mix all those yummers in a bowl; I would suggest ab owl with a lid and one that is large enough to hold your desired cut of meat. I decided to use chicken, three whole drumsticks to be exact (Don't hate, I"m on a post-grad budget!) 

I let these little guys simmer for about 24 hours but by all means let them wade in that sauce yummers pool for longer than that! I decided to bake the bird at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 35 minutes (or until the inside reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit!) And after waiting very patiently, the lovely birds came out like this.....



It wasn't too dry! It wasn't too salty! It wasn't too sweet!

Right off''ah the bone! 
I think it is safe to say....Winner, Winner! Chicken Dinner! So until next time...
Stay tuned! Stay hungry! 

No comments:

Post a Comment