Saturday, February 1, 2014

HI!....

.....atus!
IT'S ALREADY FEBRUARY! That's three months of me being really neglectful and lazy. I don't really have a direction for this/my next post, so think of this as filler or a postcard of sorts until I have a pocket of time until I can share more yum-yums with you! Here's a quick peek at what has happened within the last three months (food wise, that is)
And in the words of the great OutKast.... "So fresh and so clean"...milk! 

Gigantic red bell peppers! 

Salami, oven roasted tom toms, Prooosciuuutto, toasty bread topped with Camembert. We may need to monitor my charcuterie obsession. 

Beautiful friend Jess T. with my "You Can Stand Under My Chanterella" at our fave spot- Sally Loo's. AKA the place where 1/3rd of my paycheck goes...

Shoefly Pie. One day I'll lament about how much I hate making pie. 

Kimmy Giblets, the turkey from this years lack of a full house Thanksgiving. 

My littles Sous Chef, A. Yee! Look at those recipe notes! 

Some delish sandwich, again at Sally Loos

Sister, at Umami Burger in Oakland. Can you say Truffle Overload. I hope not cause that's not possible! 

Mocha-choco-latte-ya-ya. At Wes Cafe in Alameda.

Scoop of T. J's vanilla ice cream with a sprinkle of homemade Sriracha Lime Salt (that everyone got for Christmas). *Recipe coming soon! 

Again, a lil charcuterie!

My entry for Sakura of America's favorite quote competition! 

Aebleskivers-a loverly dutch pancake! 

Oh look. All caught up. So with this coming year I really hope to not only share more recipes (cause there's so many in my head) but also some more personal musings of what it's like to be a youngish food scientist; my hopes, my dreams, my fears, but most importantly my favorite dessert. For now you can look forward to recipes for....
  • 'Oh Mah Goodness' Carrot Everything Soup!
  • Sriracha Lime Salt and other yum yum seasonings 
  • How to Grow and Re-grow and Re-grow again Green Onions
  • Not-so-rustic-but-down-right-tasty 'Cowboy Quiche'
And hopefully in the near-to-far future experiments on....
  • Cheese-you can cut it like the pros.....
  • TOFU!- its the new frontier! 
  • Bread-cause, ya know, carbs!
  • Meal Planning?-too grown up?
  • Smoothies?-how much whey protein is too much whey protein!?
So I hope your new year has brought you plenty of joy, good health but most importantly delicious food!
Stay tuned! Stay hungry!
-Taryn Julia



No comments:

Post a Comment